Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wrist tattoo muthaf***a!!!

Ác giả, ác báo

Last Thursday I finally got the tattoo I had been planning for over a year! It is a Vietnamese proverb that loosely translated means, "As the call, so the echo," or "You reap what you sow." Translated more closely it means, "If you do evil, evil will come back to you." Essentially it is the same core meaning, but proverbs in Vietnam are used to warn/teach children lessons, so the closer translation is a little on the negative/scary side. I don't mind though. I think it is a good reminder for me. My favorite part about it is that it is in my dad's handwriting, so it is a part of him that I will have with me for the rest of my life. What makes it even MORE special is that my best friend and I went together and she got a one in the same place, so now I will always carry a little reminder of her as well.:) 

1 comment:

  1. Woot! I honestly didn't know I could be this gangster...but now I know that I can be. xo.

    ReplyDelete