Sunday, December 5, 2010

I baked a cake!

Not the best of pictures, but you get the idea.

No, I don't have any delusions of turning this into a baking blog.:) I just wanted to share the fact that I tried something that I had wanted to try for a very long time. There is something about a layered cake that just makes me so happy! They are so classic. They represent hospitality, warmth, and thoughtfulness to me. This particular cake did not turn out amazing, but it was certainly still edible. Tasty even! I look forward to many more baking adventures! 



2 comments:

  1. Yahoo! Baking adventures are excellent...especially when it's CAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were here! Awesome! And sorry! Glad you keep up with us, and now I will with you. Check out my other blog at mad-momma.blogspot.com. Much, much more about China and expat life.

    Miss you! - Abby

    ReplyDelete