Thursday, June 3, 2010

Isn't it about time.......


I cannot wait until it is cherry tomato season! These were hand picked by one of my very favorite littles:)

......for a little bit of summer?!?! I am not really one to complain about the weather. Really, I'm not. Whining does not change the fact that it is raining......constantly. I try really hard to stay in the moment and appreciate what IS. And right now, what I have is rain. Lots and lots of rain. As we wrap up the school year I actually appreciate the rain because from what I have heard the students start to get a little squirrelly when the weather turns nice. I appreciate the rain for that. I do. But as I finish up my last worksample and look forward to wrapping up one of the most challenging experiences of my life, I can' t help but want a little sun to revel in. I want to lounge at Laurelhurst Park, read bell hooks, and sip on wine. My body craves a day warmed by the sun above and the sand below. My soul needs brilliant blue skies and hot pavement under the tires of my trusty Subaru as I head out on some random day trip adventure fueled by a perfectly picked playlist. I need the summer, and I need it now! Please?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment