Thursday, May 27, 2010

One of those nights.


Yes, that's a gummy bear in a glass of wine. Don't worry. The person drinking it didn't even know it was there:)


It has been a very long day.

It was my first day back to student teaching after being sick for two days. It is always hard coming back to the school after a break because I feel like I'm so behind, and I feel like I've missed so much time that I could have been helping my students. Today was good though. I told two of my favorite Vietnamese students that I'm going to be applying for a job in Vietnam. They were so excited! They want to come with me. So cute.

After school I picked up two of my good friend's kids. You would think that I would be tired of kids after a whole day with them, but I love it. Her kids are so sweet, and I like the feeling of being a part of another family's life. It brings me a sense of community. It feels good.

Before I headed home I decided that I needed a bottle of wine, and my neighborhood grocery store just happens to be having a 30% off sale on all wines. So why not, right? Well, my idea became even more brilliant when I realized that the very drinkable wine that I get for $2.99 would be an extra 10% off if I bought a six-pack! Yes. I did it. I couldn't help myself! In my defense I did just break-up with a great guy last night, so I deserve a glass of wine or two. And a mini chocolate ice cream. With these things all injuries can be mended..........well, at least soothed for the time being.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad we're going to breakfast on Sunday because OBVIOUSLY a lot has happened since Monday afternoon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete