Pikachu Shoes! This is why I love teenagers.......I mean seriously?
On one of my last days of the school year (which seems soooo long ago now) one of my students asked me if I had ever had the feeling where everything feels out of place. Like waking up from a nap in the middle of a summer day when you didn't remember falling asleep. The light has already changed making everything seem different than you last left it. You can smell dinner cooking, but it seems like you just had lunch. You look down at your phone to see a bunch of missed calls. He explained this type of disorientation which I have totally experienced, and he told me that it is how he feels everyday.
I totally knew where he was coming from. I totally remember how confusing life was in that transitional time; it's why I chose to teach high school even though all of my experience was with littles. While I have a better handle on who I am than I did as a teenager, in this new adult transitional time coming out of grad school and looking for a job I feel a little bit like that kid. Everyday without a job or a serious job prospect I feel like I'm waking up out of sorts with no real direction.
I'm trying to stay positive. I know that it is a long hiring season and that I shouldn't panic until late August, but I am........panicking.
We need to get together. We need to talk. I need an update. I misser you.
ReplyDelete